shtml attachment files ?

Shawn Iverson shawniverson at summitgrid.com
Mon Sep 26 11:11:55 UTC 2022

No.  The code that does this isn't even MailScanner itself. It is
MIME::Parser when the Explode* methods are called.  Changing this
behavior would mean mostly likely rewriting that perl module.

The problem you are running into is that the filename blocking is not
MIME-aware and doesn't look at the email but rather the files that are
exploded in the working directory.  The distinction here is that these
html files you are fighting are likely attachments and not the html mime
part of the email.

You have a few options:

1) Block any html file that doesn't conform to msg-<id>.html in your
filename rules:

allow    msg-.*\.html$    HTML part of email message    HTML part of
email message

deny    \.html$    HTML not part of email message    HTML not part of
email message

2) Use SpamAssassin to examine the mimeheaders and score appropriately

mimeheader    Content-Disposition =~ /attachment; filename=\".*\.html\"/

describe    HTML attachment, not safe!

score        10.0