Highlight Phishing Fraud

mailscanner at 118119.se mailscanner at 118119.se
Tue Sep 6 21:34:57 UTC 2022

Hi,
I've been testing the settings for Find Phishing Fraud and Highlight Phishing Fraud but can't really understand what the different settings do. I use a domain from phishing.bad.sites.conf included in my test e-mail to trigger the phishing filter. All other settings regarding filtering are set to default / standard MailScanner.conf.

If I use these settings, the e-mail gets through with inline HTML added to the link and "{Disarmed}" in the subject line.
Find Phishing Fraud = yes
Highlight Phishing Fraud = yes
Phishing Modify Subject = start
Phishing Subject Text = {Fraud?}

And when changing to these settings instead, the mail gets through with unaltered body and subject. I can't find any "Content Checks"-lines in the logs.
Find Phishing Fraud = yes
Highlight Phishing Fraud = No
Phishing Modify Subject = start
Phishing Subject Text = {Fraud?}

It seems like both Find Phishing Fraud and Highlight Phishing Fraud has to be set to "yes" for the phishing filter to be activated at all? And I can't get the Phishing Subject Text to appear at all. I've only seen "{Disarmed}" added to the subject.
I would like for the e-mail either be blocked in total or just have the subject line altered. Is any of that possible?

Best regards, Jonas