shtml attachment files ?

mailscanner at barendse.to mailscanner at barendse.to
Thu Jul 28 12:14:17 UTC 2022

Hi list

I tried blocking \.htm$ and \.html$ in my filename.rules.conf before but
found that this effectively blocked nearly each and every email that was
coming in so I have to allow that for as long as MailScanner cannot
differentiate between an attached .html file or html text in the mail
itself

Just received another fake/phishing email with an .shtml attachment which
includes server side includes google taught me.

Would it be OK to block that or will I also lose mail? If, then maybe
it's a good addition to the standard MS filename rules?

Thanks!