HTML links disarm?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Feb 4 18:09:46 UTC 2022

On 2/4/22 06:11, mailscanner at barendse.to wrote:

> Thanks!  I already have "Convert Dangerous HTML To Text = yes" in my
> config but that doesn't disarm every link in emails.  I am looking to do
> something like safelinks.protection.outlook.com where *every* link to
> outside world gets modified. Converting all email into plain text would
> still leave the links intact.

Currently, MailScanner's disarming of links doesn't actually remove the
link or modify the target, but rather just changes the displayed text to
add a warning.

Doing what you want would, I think, require significant code
modification. Perhaps we could implement some kind of plugin
architecture where you could specify a perl script to be used to filter
a message, but that doesn't currently exist.

You could probably do something with a milter in your MTA.