filetype checking

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Tue Sep 7 11:04:44 UTC 2021

On Tuesday 07 September 2021 at 12:58:39, Valentin Laskov wrote:

> File Command = /usr/local/bin/file-wrapper
>
>   The content of /usr/local/bin/file-wrapper  is
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> /usr/bin/file --mime-type "$1" | tee -a
> /var/spool/MailScanner/file-wrapper.log
>
> One logs file type checks but the other doesn't.

Have you checked a couple of basic things:

1. Does /usr/bin/file exist and does it work as expected if you simply try for
example "/usr/bin/file /usr/bin/file"?

2. Is the above script executable by the user MailScanner runs under?

Antony.

--
Python is executable pseudocode.
Perl is executable line noise.