MailScanner 5.3.4 clamd does not appear to be participating.

Andrews, Vincent v.andrews at noc.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 13:42:16 UTC 2021

Hello,

We have a new MailScanner V5.3.4 on a CentOS 7 system. Running the -lint command proves that it can use both Sophos and clamd, however it is only Sophos that appears to be catching viruses.

Clamd is installed via the OS route - version is 0.103.0-3.

MailScanner.conf is 'Virus Scanners = auto' was 'Virus Scanners = clamd, sophos'.

Virus.scanners.conf entry for clamd is /bin/false, but as I cannot see a specific wrapper I assume that is Ok.

I am loath to cut out Sophos from the list and see what happens.

Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks.
Vince.

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.
The National Oceanography Centre (NOC) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. NOC does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses.
Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to NOC business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of NOC.