Postfix hold

George Papamichelakis gpapamichelakis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 06:12:49 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021, 02:26 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 2/2/21 4:09 PM, George Papamichelakis wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > If I use mailscanner as suggested by documentation by putting all
> > incoming mails on hold does that rule out any additional rules I put in
> > header_checks file ? Since they come after the hold rule which is first.
>
> You can use the milter option instead which doesn't hold mmessages with
> header checks. My configuration for enabling the milter option is
>
> Doc is at
> <
> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/blob/master/doc/MailScanner%20Milter%20Guide.pdf

I already tried that,  it works but in the logs I see that a milter discard
action is triggered but the mails are delivered.

Then some users reported that it brakes outgoing mails , no headers almost
, everything converted to plain text etc. Unfortunately I this is on alive
machine
That was working with postfix/mailscanner for more than ten years now.
I was forced to stop using mailscanner as the hold portion of the system
was used to flood the machine with backscatter messages, the only way to
stop it was this
and add rules in the header_checks file (and body).

The previous setup was working ok but I don't want to risk getting into the
same situation again.

George