Not including %org-name%

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 8 16:59:39 UTC 2021

On 12/7/21 10:59 PM, Peter wrote:

> I have run a few tests, and the variable %org-name% is only included from
> my /conf.d/myconf file if I delete or comment out the variable in the
> original MailScanner.conf file.

The %org-name% setting in your conf.d/myconf file is effective but it
doesn't change all the other MailScanner.conf settings that depend on
it. I.e.,

Spam-Virus Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamVirus-Report:
Mail Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner:
Spam Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
Spam Score Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-SpamScore:
Information Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Information:
Envelope From Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-From:
Envelope To Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-To:
ID Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-ID:
IP Protocol Version Header = # X-%org-name%-MailScanner-IP-Protocol:
Hostname = The %org-name% ($HOSTNAME) MailScanner
Attachment Warning Filename = %org-name%-Attachment-Warning.txt
Watermark Secret = %org-name%-Secret
Watermark Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Watermark:
MCP Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-MCPCheck:

As it says at the top of MailScanner.conf

# However, if you are changing some variable definition which is used
# in other definitions in this file such as %org-name% in the first
# example below, you must also either change it in this file or copy
# all the definitions that use that variable into your own file.

> Not a major issue, except edits in the original file will get overwritten
> in updates.

No they don't.