sendmail - was: clamdscan

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 23 23:45:47 UTC 2020

On 1/23/20 2:39 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> I don't know what you mean by "Hijack Threads", but okay, no problem.
>
> I just don't know what the email address is to start a new discussion.
>
> Would that be "mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info?"

Yes, that is the address.

By "Hijack Threads" I mean the following.

If you start a new topic by replying to a prior post, even if you change
the Subject: your post gets threaded with the prior post in the archives
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/> and in mail
readers that thread emails.

This is a problem for you, because your post is threaded in my mail
reader with the prior post whose subject I may have already decided is
uninteresting. Thus, I may miss your post all together.