Clamd daemon not detected when running as a service.

Pramod Daya pramod at mindspring.co.za
Tue Feb 4 06:25:13 UTC 2020

Hi Folks,

Clamd (101.4-1)  running as a service does not get detected by MailScanner (5.0.3-7)   After starting the service (on Centos 7) It takes quite a long time for clamd to become operational (up to a couple of minutes)  before you can connect to the socket (I have it configured on port 3310).

If I then restart MailScanner, then clamd is not detected, and Mailscanner uses clamav, which of course overloads the server.   If I start clamd from the command line, then Mailscanner detects clamd, and all is well.

Any/all advice would be very welcome.  I know that the config file is being read, because I change other parameters, like enabling debugging, and it gets interpreted.

Thank you,
Pramod Daya (CEO)
M.Sc. Computer Science (U. of Oregon)
Unit 5, Melomed Office Park