envelope-from header missing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Dec 6 15:34:34 UTC 2020

On 12/6/20 12:51 AM, Emanuel Vidmar - Avant.Si wrote:

> The messages without "From: " header are *notices to senders* who's mail
> has been rejected for some reason (forbidden attachment file type).
>
> Is there something else I could check?

As I noted in my prior reply, notices to senders have a null envelope
sender, but do contain an appropriate From: header. If there something
in your MTA (Exim ?) configuration that rewrites the From: with the
envelope sender address? If so, I suggest you either not do that at all
or at least not if the envelope sender is not a valid email address.