Mailscanner not using Clamd

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 25 15:55:22 UTC 2020

On 8/25/20 6:42 AM, Nigel Kilner wrote:

> I have checked my configuration for mailscanner, clamd and postfix but
> can't see anything obvious. However I found the mailscanner postfix
> instructions https://www.mailscanner.info/postfix/   which states
> postfix needs to be CHROOTED to work with Mailscanner.  Is this
> necessary? my postfix is a suse system package v 2.8.11-2.6.1 which I
> can Chroot it if necessary via Sysconfig.

It is not necessary to CHROOT Postfix for use with MailScanner. I do not
run Postfix CHROOTed. I currently use the ms-milter method for
integrating MailScanner with Postfix, but for years I used the method
described at <https://www.mailscanner.info/postfix/>, but without
CHROOTing Postfix with no problems.

Is MailScanner scanning your mails at all?

If so, your issue is not with Postfix/MailScanner integration.