Installing on Ubuntu 19

Mail Lists lists at Tatorz.com
Wed Apr 22 11:53:53 UTC 2020

List,

     I've been using MailScanner for a long time, back when all there
was a tar file for install.

Since the release of the different flavors I have not been able to
install it on anything. For instance

I am trying to install it on Ubuntu 19 and all I get is this.

sudo dpkg --install MailScanner-5.3.1-3.noarch.deb
dpkg-deb: error: 'MailScanner-5.3.1-3.noarch.deb' is not a Debian format
archive
dpkg: error processing archive MailScanner-5.3.1-3.noarch.deb (--install):
  dpkg-deb --control subprocess returned error exit status 2
  MailScanner-5.3.1-3.noarch.deb

please point me to the nearest readme or doc that I can locate that
explains my errors.

I also have this happening on Centos 7.

--
Brian