Notices From option

support at mmarzouki.de support at mmarzouki.de
Mon Apr 6 13:11:36 UTC 2020

hi mark,

the change of "PostmasterName" doesn't change the FROM field.
it was the option "MailScanner". the default was "MailScanner = MailScanner".
i changed it to "MailScanner = NICKNAME"

the result of the option "MailScanner = NICKNAME" and "Local Postmaster = notify at domain.de" is:

"NICKNAME" <notify at domain.de>

but i think the documentation of "NOTICES FROM" is a little bit confusing.

#####

The visible part of the email address used in the "From:" line of the
notices. The <user at domain> part of the email address is set to the
"Local Postmaster" setting.
https://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#Notices%20From

#####

where can i find the clue for next time to change the "MailScanner = MailScanner" option to change the FROM in the mailheader?

many thanks for your support.

cheers

---
Mit freundlichen Grüßen