MailScanner 5.2.1-1 Released

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Wed Nov 6 10:06:53 UTC 2019

John,

The only tarball will be for generic *nix systems going forward.

Since this was a code refactor, functionality remains the same aside from
items documented in the changelog, which are unrelated to the refactor
itself.

The difference is that for major distributions (RHEL-based, Debian-based,
SUSE-based), you install the package and then run /usr/sbin/ms-configure
(formerly install.sh, with or without --update, depending on whether you
are upgrading or installing)

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:53 AM John Wilcock <john at tradoc.fr> wrote:

> Thanks, Shawn.
>
> Will you be continuing to distribute tarballs in the future? Do you have a
> quick pointer to what's been changed by the "refactoring", so that I can
> see how it would affect gentoo?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

> Le 05/11/2019 à 15:36, Shawn Iverson via MailScanner a écrit :
>
> Dear MailScanner List:
>
> MailScanner 5.2.1-1 has been released. Many thanks goes to all
> contributors and the entire MailScanner team.
>
> Please read the README below in its entirety before updating to
> MailScanner 5.2.1-1.  MailScanner has undergone refactoring to eliminate
> the need for tarballs for major distributions.  This is especially
> important if you are using automated deployment tools to install
> MailScanner, since retooling for the new packaging may be required.
>
> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/blob/master/README
>
> https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/blob/master/changelog
>
> --
> Shawn Iverson, CETL