wrong detection of file?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed May 29 07:24:13 UTC 2019

Hai and thank you all for the replies.

Quote: I suspect the filename parser in MailScanner is not parsing the filename properly and is perhaps treating spaced elements of the filename as separate strings.
I agree here.

Im running Debian 9, latest mailscanner, mailwatch for some years now, the systems in highly tuned for the company.
We process a lot of pdf doc rtf files and this is the first in a long time thats failed.

So somehere in this file name : SSL Server Test hostname.example.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs).pdf
The regexp is going wrong.
I rechecked the mimetype also just to be sure, that shows the pdf file correctly.

Its simple to test youself, goto ssllabs.com, test a webserver, safe the file.
Then i saved to PDF with the default windows 10 pdf printer and mailed.

Ps, im 2 weeks offline, so i can test this in short term.
I consider it low prio, but im my opinion its a bug.
Thats why i reported it.

Greetz,

Louis