wrong detection of file?

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Tue May 28 14:58:50 UTC 2019

Yeah, it is matching by filename, not filetype, and it may be parsing the
name wrong.

Can you verify this rule is present?

deny    \.com$

Which should not match because it is not the end of the filename but I bet
it is.

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 10:43 AM L.P.H. van Belle via MailScanner <
mailscanner at lists.mailscanner.info> wrote:

> Hai Shawn,
>

> Have you ever seen something like this.
>
> I just e-mailed a file, with a name as shown below.
> SSL Server Test hostname.example.com (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs).pdf
>
> The resport shows :
> Message: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email (SSL
> Server Tes.com)
> And its shown in mailwatch as :  application/pdf; charset=binary
>
> Now the thing i dont get here is, how is the name "SSL Server Tes.com"
> constructed from
> The name : SSL Server Test hostname.example.com (Powered by Qualys SSL
> Labs).pdf
>
> I only change the hostname and domain here, i kept the format exact the
> same.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Shawn Iverson, CETL