MailScanner Antivirus

Nicola Piazzi Nicola.Piazzi at gruppocomet.it
Thu Mar 14 08:22:05 UTC 2019

Hi,
I know that there are 2 ways so scan messages for viruses from mailscanner
Using antivirus daemon and invoking antivirus program
Invoking an antivirus program takes from 5 to 15 seconds of cpu
If we consider that all other spamassassin functions takes 2 or 3 seconds each message adding an antivirus program can make a system hungry of resources
So at now only clamwin can be used , sophos have avi's but no more work or instable

This is correct also 4 you ?

Nicola Piazzi
CED - Sistemi
COMET s.p.a.
Via Michelino, 105 - 40127 Bologna - Italia
Tel.  +39 051.6079.293
Cell. +39 328.21.73.470
Web: www.comet.it<http://www.comet.it/>
[Nuova immagine bitmap]