MaiScanner No loaded

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Tue Mar 5 18:50:19 UTC 2019

On Tuesday 05 March 2019 at 19:45:24, Koby Peleg Hen wrote:

> Hello All ,
> I am trying to install MailScanner 5.1.3-2 On debian (ver 9.8)

How?

What instructions are you following?

> but I get this error :
>
> Mar  5 17:23:38 lab MailScanner: Cannot write pid file
> /var/run/MailScanner.pid/, Is a directory

That seems pretty clear.  MailScanner wants to create a PID *file* in /var/run
and it finds that there is already a *directory* of the same name present.

> Any Help Please.

Try deleting the directory.

Oh, and please post plain text and not HTML to this list.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"How I managed so long without this book baffles the mind."

 - Richard Stoakley, Group Program Manager, Microsoft Corporation,
   referring to "The Art of Project Management", O'Reilly press

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.