About ESETS antivirus

Nicola Piazzi Nicola.Piazzi at gruppocomet.it
Fri Jan 4 15:15:48 UTC 2019

I give a look to all antiviruses in current wrapper list and found that we have only these 3 working well :

CLAMD
Is free, integrated, and have no resource consumption because it use preloaded libraries from daemon

SOPHOS
Is also free, but now have a problem in detecting with MailScanner as described in previous post
It have also another problem that we need to accept, it have no daemon so each scan costs 7 secs of a cpu

ESETS
It is a commercial product buti s very cheap and work well
each scan costs 4 secs of a cpu with esets_scan
There i  also esets_cli that uses daemon and is fast as clamd, but wrapper is written to use esets_scan and output is different so MailScanner needs to support it

If we want a very fast system that can handle tons of emails we can use clamd and esets removing sohos, but we need to have esets_cli support on MailScanner

Nicola Piazzi
CED - Sistemi
COMET s.p.a.
Via Michelino, 105 - 40127 Bologna - Italia
Tel.  +39 051.6079.293
Cell. +39 328.21.73.470
Web: www.comet.it<http://www.comet.it/>
[Nuova immagine bitmap]