Mailscanner passing a virus

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Thu Dec 19 22:07:04 UTC 2019

On Thursday 19 December 2019 at 22:53:28, William D. Colburn wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:44:53PM +0100, Antony Stone wrote:
> >I also expect that if you send the same email (with the same viral
> >attachment) to the same user who originally received it, it'll now get
> >detected and blocked.
>
> No, that's the problem, it's not getting detected and blocked.  It is
> passing through mailscanner.

Err..!?

> >If not, please post the headers of the email they do receive so we can see
> >how MS processed it.
>
> I'll attach.

Okay, that I find weird.  Sorry, but I'm going to defer someone else with a
better viewpopint than I have, because if you have 3 MS instances configured in
the same way, and one is blocking due to a detected virus, and another is
detecting but not blocking, I'm not sure what to say next.

Antony.

--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

 - Daniel C Dennett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.