postfix does not send emails

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Aug 26 01:31:55 UTC 2019

On 8/25/19 6:04 PM, Rick Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi  list , I have a somewhat strange situation, when I activate in
> postfix to filter with MailScanner, the mails are not sent and they
> are queue ,
> If I remove the option in main.cf  that does not go through
> MailScanner the mails go out without problems
>
> #header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
>
> some help or advice?

How is MailScanner configured. If Postfix is configured to hold incoming
mail, MailScanner must be configured with

MTA = postfix
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming

If you want to use the new milter option, you need

Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/milterin
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/milterout
MTA = msmail

and you need to remove the header_checks from main.cf.

These configuration settings are mutually exclusive.