All Emails tagged as {VIRUS}

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Apr 6 00:41:56 UTC 2019

On 4/5/19 4:21 PM, Warren Hillsdon wrote:
> All,
>

> I had the same issue start last night as well. However it completely
> stopped any mail – legit or not being delivered. I had to stop the
> clamav process in order to get mail to flow again.
>

> Apr  6 00:20:56 myhost MailScanner[21622]: AV engine clamav timed out
>
> Apr  6 00:20:56 myhost MailScanner[21622]: clamav: Failed to complete,
> timed out
>
> Apr  6 00:20:56 myhost MailScanner[21622]: Virus Scanning: Denial Of
> Service attack detected!

I'm not sure what the issue is with clamav, but it is much preferred to
use clamd. In your MailScanner configuration set

Virus Scanners = clamd
Clamd Socket = /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl or whatever the path is

and of course ensure that the clamd service, which may be called clamd
or clamav-daemon or ?? depending on your distro, is running.