Problems with 5.1.1 milter

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Oct 7 18:37:40 UTC 2018

On 10/07/2018 11:17 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> My milter config overrides defaults with
>
> ---------------------------------
> Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/milterin
> Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/milterout
> MTA = msmail
> MSMail Queue Type = short
> Milter Scanner = yes
> Milter Max Children = 1
> ---------------------------------
>
> I wonder if people are successfully using this in production or if
> people have seen issues such as this?

Another thing that might be relevant is I also use the opendkim milter
to DKIM sign mail. My Postfix config had
---------------------------------
# Settings for opendkim milter and MailScanner
smtpd_milters           = inet:127.0.0.1:8891 inet:127.0.0.1:33333
non_smtpd_milters       = inet:127.0.0.1:8891
milter_default_action   = accept
milter_protocol		= 2
Possibly the order is significant, It seems that the way the MailScanner
milter works, it has to be last because if it is first and DISCARDs, the
other milter won't run, but then maybe it would run on the reinjected
mail which might be better as it wouldn't DKIM sign the mail before
possible MailScanner modifications.