Bypass filtetype or filename blocking and quarantine

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 30 20:45:08 UTC 2018

On 11/30/18 11:11 AM, George Papamichelakis wrote:
> In conf.d folder where you specify the Filename Rules  the notation
> %rules-dir%/filename.rules
> Is correct or you also need the full path ?

Yes, you can use %rules-dir% in configuration files (MailScanner.conf
and files included in MailScanner.conf, i.e., /etc/MailScanner/conf.d/*)

These %...% substitutions are replaced during processing of the
configuration.

However, I was mistaken when I said you couldn't use the %...% notation
in a ruleset file. I have tested that and the %...% substitutions do
work in rules files.