Bypass filtetype or filename blocking and quarantine

George Papamichelakis gpapamichelakis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:41:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to bypass filename checking  using the examples mentioned in
the book
in Appendix C  . In particular I have created the three mentioned files
(filename.rules.allowall.conf,
filetype.rules.allowall.conf and filename.rules). The only different
thing I have done
different is that I specify a complete mail address instead of the
domain eg:

FromOrTo:  user at email.tld %etc-dir%/filename.rules.allowall.conf

(I don't want the whole domain to go unchecked, only some users) . But
the rule don't seem to work
Is this the expected behavior ? If not can I somehow trace why the rule
doesn't apply ?

Also can I specify in the rule  that I want to bypass the filename (or
type) checks when the user is the sender but not when the user is the
recipient ?

Thanks
GP