{Disarmed} Re: msmilter connect timeouts.

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Sun Nov 11 14:52:27 UTC 2018

Mark,

I was mistaken, the Sendmail::PMilter module does not scale connections
when using the prefork method.  It has two values which are easily to
misidentify as a minimum and maximum.  The second parameter is actually the
number of times the child is used before recycling it.

However, Sendmail::PMilter supports postforking.  This method does scale
:)  I added a new parameter to MailScanner.conf and set it to default to
postfork

Here's the PR to try.

https://github.com/MailScanner/v5/pull/294/files

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 1:38 PM Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 11/10/18 8:06 AM, Shawn Iverson via MailScanner wrote:
> > Mark,
> >
> > Yes, and it turns out that Sendmail::PMilter perl module supports this
> > approach.  I'm going to give it a go and prepare a PR.
>

> That's great Shawn.

Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology
Rush County Schools