MailScanner and SPF

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Fri Nov 2 16:14:55 UTC 2018

SPF scoring is specific to SpamAssassin, actually.  If it isn't working, I
would check the following:

- Make sure the Mail::SPF perl modules are installed and functioning
properly and up to date.
- Make sure you are using full recursive DNS (avoid forwarding)
- Make sure the module is turned on in the SpamAssassin configuration files.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:12 PM Jean-François Lalau <bucht at lampiris.be>
wrote:

> We have installed mailscanner 5.1.1 and the SPF part doesn’t work.
>
> All messages are tagged with:

>             *SPF_HELO_PASS=-0.001*, XPRIO_SHORT_SUBJ=2.5] autolearn=no
>

> despite the fact the SPF should fail on the tests we are performing.
>

> The 400 pages admin manual doesn’t contain a single instance of  “SPF”.
>
> How do we manage SPF within mailscanner?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jean-François

Shawn Iverson, CETL
Director of Technology