MailScanner - "Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!"

Sebastiano Dante Alighieri salighie at gmail.com
Fri May 18 14:06:59 UTC 2018

Hello,

I recently upgrade to MailScanner v5.0.7-3. i've got it running on CentOS
with ClamAV, postfix and spamassassin.

when i run the ClamAv update it reports:

WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!
WARNING: Local version: 0.99.4 Recommended version: 0.100.0
DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/documents/upgrading-clamav
<https://owa.alighieri.us/owa/redir.aspx?C=qQDERj_tvEecToJUcSonwFWaIPKPH82Txgrqk5xPV0OdIz-ex7zVCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.clamav.net%2fdocuments%2fupgrading-clamav>

I've tried upgrading to v 0.100 - but had to back out as the upgrade
procedure listed above breaks the integrations with MailScanner.

Yum doesn't see any update for ClamAV

is there a different procedure to follow when upgrading ClamAv to the
latest and the greatest when originally installed via MailSanner?

thanks in advance
Best Regards