[Question] Email flow when using with milter
Eoin.Kim at rcst.com.au
Tue Jun 26 05:13:44 UTC 2018
I'd like to ask a question regarding email flow on the MailScanner. So, if I understood correctly, the below is what's happening (briefly):
1. Server receives an email and goes to hold queue (/^Received:/ HOLD).
2. MailScanner works on the message with SpamAssassin and ClamAV. Depending on the result, message can go either incoming queue or quarantine.
3. Postfix sends out the message from incoming queue.
Am I following it? Please correct me if I am wrong. If I am correct, I'd like to ask more questions. I found there are few milters and I am particularly interested in spamass-milter and clamav-milter. Now, the questions are:
1. The very first question is, I remember MailScanner doesn't have built-in milter, correct?
2. Is having multiple milters on the system helpful?
3. Are they all before-queue milters? If so, what is the email flow? Just more operations in the hold queue?
4. If they are not before-queue milters, what is the email flow? Just more operations in the hold queue?
Apologies for flooding questions today but I need to hurry up a bit. Thanks a lot.
Level 1 - The Annexe, 133 Mary Street
Brisbane, QLD, 4000, Australia
Office: 07 3228 0843
Mobile: 0419 726 231
Email: eoin.kim at rcst.com.au
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MailScanner