Mailscanner - Spamassassin Issue

Shawn Iverson iversons at rushville.k12.in.us
Wed Jun 6 22:13:25 UTC 2018

Toby,

Are you executing spamassassin in the same way that MailScanner calls
spamassassin?

In other words...assuming MailScanner is running as postfix...something
like this....

sudo su postfix -p -c "spamassassin -t -d -C /etc/MailScanner/spamassassin.conf
< somespamemail"

This may shed some insight.

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Toby <toby at rosecott.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just set up MailScanner in a PI3 running Jessie, I have postfix as
> a mail server.
>
> I'm not sure MailScanner is calling or allowing Spamassassin to run
> properly.
>
> I can see from the X headers that stuff is happening, but it is not
> catching emails that are blatantly spam.  i get a lot of scores below 3.
>
> It passes the eicar, and gtube tests.
>
> However i picked an email that passed through mailscanner with a low score
> of 3, saved it, and then ran spamassassin -D <filename>  and this process
> marked it as a 9!
>
> I think, but am not sure, that MailScanner is not triggering Spamassassin
> or Spamassassin when triggered by MailScanner is either not completing or
> not doing anything.
>
> I am completely new to this, and have no idea where to look, or what to do.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Regards
>
> Toby

Shawn Iverson, CETL