issue in ms-update-phishing for v5.0.7-1

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 4 19:53:25 UTC 2018

On 01/04/2018 07:30 AM, Jerry Benton wrote:
> The error he has is coming from the logger command. The space around the
> equals sign depends on the environment, but it usually works with the
> space. You can remove it to be safe I guess.

Not exactly.

line 141 is

>     logger -p $SYSLOG.warn -t update.bad.phishing.sites Updating using curl failed, trying wget. ; echo Updating using curl failed, trying wget. ; CURLORWGET = 'wget';

which because if the semicolons is equivalent to the 3 lines

> logger -p $SYSLOG.warn -t update.bad.phishing.sites Updating using curl failed, trying wget.
> echo Updating using curl failed, trying wget.
> CURLORWGET = 'wget'

The OP is correct that the last of these should be

> CURLORWGET='wget'

The same is true at line 245. Granted this only is a problem if there is
a non-zero status from the curl commands at lines 108 or 212 which will
only happen if there is a curl command in the path, but it fails for
some reason, but in any case, the spaces around the = at lines 141 and
245 should be removed.