Mailscanner milter to reject high score spam at MTA level

David Jones djones at ena.com
Sat Aug 25 13:20:45 UTC 2018

On 08/24/2018 09:56 PM, Shawn Iverson wrote:
> New milestone...version 0.9
>
> Milter now supports REJECT of blacklisted emails and IP addresses with a
> message of "554 5.7.1 Message Blacklisted" when the new Milter Scanner
> mode is activated.
>
> https://github.com/shawniverson/v5/commit/a6e22ebe51357e0d92bae534092074eee7162f24
>
> This just made sense to do, since blacklist checking is very fast and
> can happen while the milter is active.

Excellent work on this Shawn.  That REJECT logic makes a lot of sense.

I don't use the MailScanner white/black lists since they are vulnerable
to spoofing.  I use the SA whitelist_auth, whitelist_spf,
whitelist_dkim, and whitelist_from_rcvd (when no SPF) entries since they
can limit the exposure to spoofing.

I don't know how you do this with all of the "back to school" work at
your day job.  You must really have things under control and well
managed at your school district or you only sleep about 2 hours a night.  :)

--
David Jones