Blocking password protected office documents

Heino Backhaus heino.backhaus at fink-computer.de
Tue May 9 10:55:46 UTC 2017

Hi Mark,

sorry there seems to be a fault in my tests. Don't know what. Anyway,
today everything ist working as expected.

I'm filtering now Composit and CDFV2 with the following entrys in
filetype.rules.conf:

deny    Composite    No Password protected Office Documents  Password
protected Office Documents are often malicious
deny    CDFV2           No Password protected Office Documents  Password
protected Office Documents are often malicious

Thanks for Answering.