Blocking password protected office documents

Heino Backhaus heino.backhaus at fink-computer.de
Thu May 4 07:57:37 UTC 2017

Hello List,

i'm wondering if and how to block mails with password protected office
documents. I know i could block these mails with a SA rule, searching for
password and key phrases, but that's not wanted by our customer. So
maybe the file-command and filteype.rules.conf can help.

The output of file-command looks like this:

_c3_%2ok7vd00pz08gf#4t.docx: Composite Document File V2 Document, Little
Endian, Os: Windows, Version 6.1, Code page: 1200, Locale ID: 1033, Last
Saved By: intends , Author: repels

The question is, how should an entry for this look like?
I've allready tried this:

deny    Composite     -        -

But it didn't work...

Any suggestions are welcome

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

H. Backhaus

Fink-Computer Systeme
Heggrabenstr. 9, 35435 Wettenberg
Email: heino.backhaus at fink-computer.de
Web: www.fink-computer.de
Fax: +49-641-98444638
Fon: +49-641-98444640
UST-ID: DE151040770
HRB: 2143 Gießen
GF: Fredi Fink

"In retrospect it becomes clear that hindsight is definitely overrated!"

  -Alfred E. Neumann