Mailscanner not in the email loop?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at barendse.to
Tue Jul 4 20:09:26 UTC 2017

OK, this is a total n00b question but previous versions of MailScanner
would start sendmail for me.   Now it seems that sendmail is split and
must be started as a separate service.

I did a completely new install but it looks like sendmail is now
immediately delivering mail from my linux box -> exchange box (because of
mailertable), MailScanner is not getting/scanning any email at all.

How do I get MailScanner in the loop?

I checked the info under MTA on www.mailscanner.info but the info
looks pretty old and the CentOS6 command to invoke sendmail looks
completely different from what is on the website ?

(I checked an existing MailScanner installation grepping mqueue.in on /etc
but no hits at all)

start() {
     # Start daemons.
     ret=0
     updateconf
     echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
     daemon /usr/sbin/sendmail $([ "x$DAEMON" = xyes ] && echo -bd) \
         $([ -n "$QUEUE" ] && echo -q$QUEUE) $SENDMAIL_OPTARG
     RETVAL=$?
     echo
     [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/sendmail
     let ret+=$RETVAL

     if [ ! -f /var/run/sm-client.pid ]; then
         echo -n $"Starting sm-client: "
         touch /var/run/sm-client.pid
         chown smmsp:smmsp /var/run/sm-client.pid
         if [ -x /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled ] && /usr/sbin/selinuxenabled;
then
             /sbin/restorecon /var/run/sm-client.pid
         fi
         daemon --check sm-client /usr/sbin/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac \
             -q$SMQUEUE $SENDMAIL_OPTARG
         RETVAL=$?
         echo
         [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/sm-client
         let ret+=$RETVAL
     fi

     [ $ret -eq 0 ] && return 0 || return 1
}