rules folder changing?

Sarah Michaelson - Way to the Web Ltd waytotheweb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:04:35 UTC 2017

You don't actually edit the rules files via the front-end. Where to find
it in the front-end depends on exactly what you want to do. Since this
is not actually a MailScanner issue or question it seems better to take
this discussion to our helpdesk or forum, where we would be happy to
help. Thanks.

Regards,
Sarah Michaelson

Way to the Web Ltd
http://www.configserver.com
http://www.waytotheweb.com

On 03/07/2017 23:26, Walt Thiessen wrote:
> Hi Sarah,
>
> Yes, I do indeed use the cPanel MailScanner Front-End.
>
> However, I don't see where to use it to edit the rules.
>
> I see View Ruleset, but that doesn't allow modifications.
>
> I also see MailScanner Rules Update.
>
> But that's all I see.
>
> What am I overlooking?
>
> Walt
>

> On 7/3/2017 5:44 PM, Sarah Michaelson - Way to the Web Ltd wrote:
>> If you are using our cPanel MailScanner Front-End, there is a back-end
>> script (/usr/mscpanel/mscpanel.pl) that runs nightly to update the
>> rules files based on the settings in the WHM and cPanel front-ends. In
>> general if you're using our cPanel MailScanner Front-End you shouldn't
>> modify the rules files manually but do it via the front-end. If you
>> need further assistance with the front-end feel free to submit a
>> ticket on our helpdesk (https://support.configserver.com/) or post on
>> our community forums (http://forum.configserver.com/)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sarah Michaelson
>>
>> Way to the Web Ltd
>> http://www.configserver.com
>> http://www.waytotheweb.com
>>
>> On 03/07/2017 22:07, Walt Thiessen wrote:
>>> I'm running MailScanner on a CentOS 7 server that runs WHM/cPanel.
>>>
>>> Recently, I noticed that the rules sets at /usr/mailscanner/etc/rules
>>> periodically revert to some earlier settings I had set in some of the
>>> files.
>>>
>>> The most recent change occurred at 2017-07-02 00:00:05 ... and I
>>> don't know why.
>>>
>>> At that time, the following files were touched:
>>>
>>> spam.action.rules
>>> spam.blacklist.rules
>>> spam.scanning.rules
>>> spam.score.rules