MailScanner - RHEL 7 Systemd

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at mailscanner.open.source.it
Wed Jan 18 17:57:09 UTC 2017

On Wednesday 18 January 2017 at 18:18:50, Faisal Naeem wrote:

> Hi Warwick,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion and support. I'll do follow all steps
> accordingly. I have one more question that configuring exim-in and exim-out
> services will not lead to port binding issue ?
>
> As when I setup exim-in and exim-out services, I got error on port
> conflict, that port 25 is already in use by exim-in.

You should be running two instances of Exim, one with the "-bd" option and no
"-q15m" option, and the other one with the "-q15m" option and no "-bd" option.

The one with "-bd" will be listening on port 25; the one without that option
will not attempt to bind to the port.

See the paragraphs under "Running Exim" about halfway down the documentation
recommended by Warwick:

--
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting.  But it does
mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.