MailScanner - RHEL 7 Systemd

Warwick Brown Warwick.x.Brown at serco.com
Mon Jan 16 15:08:45 UTC 2017

Sorry Faisal,

There is good documentation out there already and I don’t have time to re-write it for you. Basically, (1) you need to have an exim config that works before you start, and (2) you need to read the integration guide https://www.mailscanner.info/exim/ to implement the required changes, and then (3) use the scripts I provided before to overcome the fact the documentation doesn’t currently cover systemd configuration.

It is not something you can install out of the box and expect it ‘just-to-work’. You need to have a real feel of what you’re doing and what you’re working with (e.g. strong prior knowledge of Exim and SMTP)

If you don’t have time or the knowledge to do this – then you may want to consider an appliance such as https://efa-project.org/ which has mailscanner built-in and will just ‘get-you-there’.

Regards,

Warwick