mailscanner quarantine items

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 4 18:09:24 UTC 2017

On 01/04/2017 09:25 AM, Miguel van Loon wrote:
> I get "crontab: errors in crontab file, can't install"
>
> I am trying to add a script to crontab that will delete quarantined items out of /var/spool/Mailscanner/quarantine

You can't put the script in a crontab. You put the script in an
executable file and put something like, e.g.

25 5 * * * /path/to/script

in the crontab to run the script every day at 05:25, or if it's a system
crontab

25 5 * * * user /path/to/script

where user is the user to run as (MailScanner's Incoming Work User).