mailscanner quarantine items

Miguel van Loon m.van.loon at ictvanloon.nl
Wed Jan 4 16:44:37 UTC 2017

I guess I can use a script like this..?

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
# IMPORTANT NOTE:
#
# Change the next line to 0 instead of 1 to enable this script.
# By default it will be disabled and will not do anything.
#

$disabled = 1;
$quarantine_dir = '/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine';
$days_to_keep   = 30;

exit if $disabled;

# Standardise the format of the directory name
die 'Path for quarantine_dir must be absolute' unless $quarantine_dir =~ /^\//;
$quarantine_dir =~ s/\/$//; # Delete trailing slash

# Now get the content list for the directory.
opendir(QDIR, $quarantine_dir) or die "Couldn't read directory $quarantine_dir";

# Loop through this list looking for any *directory* which hasn't been
# modified in the last $days_to_keep days.
# Unfortunately this will do nothing if the filesystem is backed up using tar.
while($entry = readdir(QDIR)) {
         next if $entry =~ /^\./;
         $entry = $quarantine_dir . '/' . $entry;
         system("rm -rf $entry") if -d $entry &&
                                    -M $entry > $days_to_keep;
}
closedir(QDIR);

I also remembered I can put it in crontab –e

Thanks for so far!