Problem with sendmail after MS installation (rcpt-check)

Garry Glendown garry at glendown.de
Tue Jan 3 13:11:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

after running my old mailserver w/ MS for something like 8 years, I
finally got around to migrate it to a new box/VM, everything is running
fine for the most part. Anyway, I ran into one problem - after
activating the split sendmail processing with just the receiver for
mqueue.in and the mqueue queing process, the recipients aren't checked
correctly anymore. That is, for any local domain, all recipient
addresses are accepted on SMTP level. Once the system actually tries to
deliver them, they fail, causing avoidable backscatter. I've been going
through the configs but as the setup was running (as far as I can tell)
before splitting up the sendmail processes, I'm somewhat at a loss as to
what might have caused this problem.

Has anybody here had a similar problem and could give some suggestions
as to where to look for possible problems?

Thanks!

--
PGP Fingerprint: A79F A33F 5B13 BEB7 A51D 274F F99C 3AE2 4BCB 7015