About compress file.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 25 05:54:45 UTC 2017

On 02/24/2017 09:37 PM, 李政璋 wrote:
> I compress a execution file. like abc.exe > abc.zip or any compress (rar
> gz 7z gzip bzip)
>
> I want abc.zip can be passed but deny abc.exe .

With any MailScanner since 4.76.1 this should be the default behavior.
.zip, .gz, .tgz, .Z and .bz2 are all allowed by default. .rar is neither
explicitly allowed or denied, but you can always add it to
filename.rules.conf.

For files inside archives, archives.filename.rules.conf controls and
denies .exe by default.

For MailScanner prior to 4.76.1 there is no separate
archives.filename.rules.conf, but archives should be allowed unless they
contain disallowed files.

If this is not what you see, please be specific about your MailScanner
version and the type of archive and the contents that behave differently.