SV: Stopping .js in .zip

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Feb 21 17:16:26 UTC 2017

On 02/21/2017 05:53 AM, Trond M. Markussen wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. I noticed that there was no " Archives Are" setting
> in MailScanner.conf, presumably  this was added in a later version (we are
> running 4.74.16).

It was added in 4.76.1.

> - Is there another way to make sure .js witnin .zip files are stopped (using
> the current version)?

I don't recall for sure, but I think in versions prior to 4.76, the same
filename rules were applied to files inside archives just as to
unarchived files.

> - Would you recommend upgrading to the latest version (if so, is this a
> complicated and/or risky process)?

Upgrading would be good, but the latest (v5) versions have significant
changes so the process isn't completely turnkey.

There are still v4 packages at

https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv4/rpm/MailScanner-4.85.3-1.rpm.tar.gz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv4/suse/MailScanner-4.85.3-1.suse-rpm.tar.gz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv4/tar/MailScanner-4.85.3-1.tar.gz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv4/deb/MailScanner-4.85.3-1.deb.tar.gz

and a later deb at

https://s3.amazonaws.com/msv4/deb/MailScanner-4.86.1-1.deb.tar.gz

although the other 4.86.1-1 versions don't seem to be there.