Mailscanner, forwarding and SPF

Nerk Nerk donnerk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:48:18 UTC 2017

Dear MailScanner-fanatics,

Currently I am facing some issues using MailScanner. Mostly, when the
following situation is current:

- Some domain using SPF, for example Paypal, sends a mail to a domain that
I filter for
- The domain is filtered through Mailscanner
- The e-mail is forwarded to the destination
- The destination server is not under my control. They do SPF checking and
reject the mail because the sending domain does not list my mailscanner IP
as a valid sender

Ofcourse I have thought of some solutions:
1- They need to whitelist the IP of my mailscanner
2- They need to turn off the SPF checks at the destination

Both solutions however, require actions from a hosting party that I don't
know and that is probably not willing.

A third option:
3- I need to rewrite the sending domain somehow

Has anyone else come across this problem? How did you solve it?

I am really wondering what solution commercial spam filtering services,
such as SpamExperts for example, are using.