Allowing URL shorteners

Danita Zanre danita at caledonia.net
Thu Feb 16 00:28:36 UTC 2017

Ah - I forgot that one.  Thanks.

Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
Tel: (720) 319-7530 - Caledonia Network Consulting
Tel: (720) 319-8240 - Move Out of the Office

On February 15, 2017 at 5:04:36 PM, Jerry Benton (jerry.benton at mailborder.com) wrote:

Add it to your phishing whitelists file.

-
Jerry Benton
www.mailborder.com
+1 - 844-436-6245

On Feb 15, 2017, at 4:07 PM, Danita Zanre <danita at caledonia.net> wrote:

wp.me is wordpress’ own url shortener, and I noticed today that mailscanner says this:

MailScanner has detected definite fraud in the website at "wp.me". Do not trust this website: MailScanner has detected definite fraud in the website at "wp.me". Do not trust this website: http://wp.me/p8jXWt-9A - this is definitely “not fraud”.  I like the idea of pointing out that some links can be dangerous, but wordpress.com issues these shortened urls by default.  How can I tweak the ideas of what mailscanner thinks of as fraud, etc.  While one could argue that places like bit.ly, goo.gl etc can hide malicious sites since individuals can craft these shortened URLs, t.co, wp.me and ow.ly are generally controlled by the owning sites.  Should these warrant such a vehement warning?

Danita Zanrè, Move Out of the Office
I love my job, and you can too!
Tel: (720) 319-7530 - Caledonia Network Consulting
Tel: (720) 319-8240 - Move Out of the Office

dangerous content by Iris MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.