Spamassassin Upgrade

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:23:17 UTC 2017

Hello Scott,

I do understand that the process of upgrading to CentOS 7 is ... daunting,
and seem wasteful when all you need is a better SpamAssassin, but ...
CentOS 5 has served you long and true, and should be put to rest;-)
I did a new install on CentOS 7 when it was first released... It was a
pain, especially the systemd stuff, and trying to cope with SElinux (maaany
"local" rules:-)). But after that, it actually works very well.
Sure, the whole toolchain need be updated and adjusted (and some things is
simply done ... differently...:-)), but it is a good move, that will buy
you peace of mind for a relatively long time.
Trying to maintain a distro that is no longer supported... is a loosing
battle/not worth your time, IMO.

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn

> Hello Shawn,
>

> Check this out:
>

> https://servertail.com/upgrading-centos-5-6-and-7/
>

> Of course, I will begin planning on a course of action, but this is a very
> tedious operation.
>

> I did manage to just get ClamAV upgraded manually to the very latest
> version, and will do SpamAssasin next.
>

> Thank you very much!
>
> Paul Scott

-- Glenn