File(name|type) rules - was hijacked: "Allow Script Tags" affects attachments?

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Fri Feb 10 18:20:36 UTC 2017

Hello Mark,

This is what I get:

[root at mail log]# grep 'Feb  8 15:41:4.*MailScanner.14031' maillog
Feb  8 15:41:46 mail MailScanner[14031]: Message v18NfGNg014804 from 216.205.24.106 (betty.tran at ioausa.com) to mp-eng.com is too big for spam checks (1572191 > 150000 bytes)
Feb  8 15:41:46 mail MailScanner[14031]: Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
Feb  8 15:41:48 mail MailScanner[14031]: Cleaned: Delivered 1 cleaned messages
Feb  8 15:41:48 mail MailScanner[14031]: Deleted 2 messages from processing-database
Feb  8 15:41:48 mail MailScanner[14031]: Logging message v18NfJdu014805 to SQL
Feb  8 15:41:48 mail MailScanner[14031]: Logging message v18NfGNg014804 to SQL

So, yes...the message was still delivered, along with the odd warning message, but the 7 attachments that she was sending were stripped and gone, and the message "Too many attachments" was in the warning message.

And can you please let me know where this " EdenUSAInc-Attachment-Warning.txt" file is supposed to be, if it is supposed to be a part of the system, or?  I know where the "EdenUSAInc" is coming from.  It is as defined in the mailscanner.conf file here:

Enter a short identifying name for your organisation below, this is
# used to make the X-MailScanner headers unique for your organisation.
# Multiple servers within one site should use an identical value here
# to avoid adding multiple redundant headers where mail has passed
# through several servers within your organisation.
#
# Note: Some Symantec scanners complain (incorrectly) about "."
# ***** characters appearing in the names of headers.
#       Some other mail servers complain about "_" characters
#       appearing in the names of headers as well.
#       So don't put "." or "_" in this setting.
#
# **** RULE: It must not contain any spaces! ****
%org-name% = EdenUSAInc

The rest of the file name is being generated within MailScanner.

Thank you again, Paul Scott
Eden USA, Inc.