"Allow Script Tags" affects attachments?

Paul Scott sales at edenusa.com
Mon Feb 6 00:06:58 UTC 2017

In the MAILSCANNER.CONF file, I find this statement:

# In the "Filename Rules" and "Filetype Rules" rule files, you can
# say that you want particular attachment names or types to be "disarmed"
# by being renamed. See the sample files for examples of this.

First, I do not know where these "sample files" are.  I have searched for them, but cannot find them.

I am having issues with allowing my users the ability to attach .PDF and .DOC and other types of files, and either send or receive them.

This issue only started after the upgrade to the 5.0 version.

Does someone have a clear explanation on how to go ahead and allow users to send/receive emails with .PDFs and .DOC (Word) files (just to start with)?

I may also need to allow users to send/receive images and other file types.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!  Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Paul Scott
Engineer, Eden USA
Las Vegas, New York, Los Angeles