"Allow Script Tags" affects attachments?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:12:59 UTC 2017

Lets be clear about one thing... "HTML e-mail" is by definition a misnomer,
referring to messages with at least one HTML representation of the message
as a MIME attachment. IOW no different to the third HTML file attached
similarily.
There should also be a plain text attachment, but at least some MUAs will
ignore that standard stipulation.

But in essence, there is no difference if they are "in the message [body,
presumably]" or "attached as separate files".

Cheers!
--
-- Glenn

> Hi,
>
> thanks for that answer. So MailScanner will detect script tags whether
> they are in the message itself or found within one or more attachment.
>
> --
> MrLINK
>
> Am 02.02.2017 um 02:29 schrieb Mark Sapiro:
>
>> On 02/01/2017 12:40 PM, Oliver Kutscher wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not asking for what tags should or should not be in email. I'm
>>> asking if "Allow Script Tags" will affect attachments.
>>>

>> Yes.
>>
>> So if I attach 3
>>> html files to the emal where one of them contains one or more script
>>> tags, will MailScanner drop the email if "Allow Script Tags" is set to
>>> "no"?
>>>

>> No. That's not what MailScanner does. What it will do is replace the one
>> text/html part that contains the script tags with the appropriate
>> Attachment-Warning.txt message.

-- Glenn